Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FAILBLOG

Ok so I didn't update this for waaaaaaaay too long. And I know it. But I thought about doing it alot! Alot of things have changed since I was last here, oh I don't know 6 MONTHS AGO, so here's the short version of it:

-I graduated from law school!
-I accepted a full time position at a nonprofit

-I succeeded in bringing in our weekly grocery budget into the neighborhood of about $50 a week (jaw drop)

-I've stopped going to Wal-Mart at all

-I have booked a trip in September and then another one for next March

- I have saved the highest percentage in one transaction (75%)

- I have saved the highest dollar amount in one transaction


So lets look at these a little more in depth. When I started this blog, I was in law school, participating in the law clinic, as well as working part-time. Busy! I'm arguably busier now though, as I began bar preparation, GRE preparation (i know i know, but i really want to!) and work full time while doing some research work on the side. My part time job during law school was what led to the full time offer, but let me tell you: NO MONEY. AT ALL. Hence, a) I've managed to bring our budget in to around $50 a week to help compensate for that (which is amazing given the fact we had initially been spending $120 and I was attempting to bring it down to $80!) and b) why saving money and keeping notes of it is more important than ever. I may not have the same joy in money saving that I did when I started this blog ( the honeymoon may be over...) BUT I do have the same fervor and have gotten better and better at saving money.

So I aim to get better at using this blog, so that I may record proof of my money savings accomplishments to help me remember and be proud at how good I've become at keeping my own money in my pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment